|Friday, 9 May 2014
|09:00 - 10:00||Welcome Addresses
Mr. Vlastarakos Michalis, President, Hellenic Medical Association
Mr. Adonis Georgiadis, Minister of Health
- International Operational Actions of the Hellenic Ministry of Health, Papanoti V. [Presentation]
- The Longevity in the Global Context, (p.p. Stefanadis Ch.) Lazaros G. [Presentation]
|10:00 - 12:30||Round Table:
National Health Operations Centers: Interoperability in the European Union
Chairmen: Bonatsos G., Kostopoulos N., Michos N.
- National Health Operations Center: Structure, Operation & Mission, Efstathiou P.[Presentation]
- Civil Protection Operation Centre. Special Health Operations, Anastopoulos P.[Presentation]
- The Implementation of 1082/2013 EU Decision on Serious Cross - Border Threats to Health, Sion J. - L.[Presentation]
- EU Member - States Representatives
- Structure and Organization of Health Security Services in Sweden, Wallensten A.[Presentation]
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness & Response in Belgium, Tsachoua L.[Presentation]
- The Role of thevPermanent Coordination Group at the National Institute of Public Health, Caksv Jager N.[Presentation]
- Health Emergency Preparedness in Lithuania, Gailius V.[Presentation]
- The Public Health Emergency Operations Centre in Portugal: from Early Detection to Response to National and International Threats, Santos C.[Presentation]
- Strategy for the Development of the Emergency Aid in the Republic of Bulgaria 2014-2020, Dobrev D.[Presentation]
|12:45 - 14:00|| Round Table:
Acute Public Health Events, Operational Planning - Management in a Time of Crisis
Chairmen: Kourea - Kremastinou J., Vakalis N., Karageorgos G.
- Acute Public Health Events. The Hellenic Center for Disease Control and Prevention Experience, Papadimitriou Th.
- Travel Medicine - A Cross - Border Issue. Operational Planning & Response, Rosenberg Th.[Presentation]
- Poliomyelitis. A Forgotten Disease or an Emerging Threat?, Karageorgou K.[Presentation]
- Emergency Operation Centre of the Hellenic Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Structure, Operations & Actions, Iliopoulos D.[Presentation]
|14:00 - 14:20|| ICT Infrastructure & Services for Health, Antonopoulos L.
|14:20 - 15:15|| Break
|15:15 - 16:30||Special Lectures:
Chairmen: Machairas G., Gaga M., Vlachogianni G.
- Passive Smoking and Human Rights Bechrakis P.[Presentation]
- The Economic Impact of Accidents on Health Care Systems, Sapkas G.[Presentation]
- Sustainability of the Greek Health Care System, Frouzis K.[Presentation]
- VIP in Travel. Operational Planning of Medical Care, Hatzigeorgiou D.[Presentation]
- Team Approach in Disease Management, Karabinis A.[Presentation]
|16:30 - 18:00|| Round Table:
Health Emergency Management at non-EU countries
Chairmen: Linou A. [Intervention], Raidou F., Moschovis S.
- The Global Need for Health Care Networking, Kotis T.[Presentation]
- Developing Public Health Emergency Operations Network (EOC-NET), Li J.[Presentation]
- Environmental Hazards - Public Health in Countries Outside the European Union. Tha Case of the Black Sea, Dimadama Z.[Presentation]
- Acute Public Health Events at non-EU Countries, Gorossis K.[Presentation]
- Non - EU Countries Representatives
- Structure and Organization of Health Security Services in Albania, Riepaj K.
- Structure and Organization of Health Security Services in the Republic of Srpska, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bogdanic D.[Presentation]
|Saturday, 10 May 2014
|09:00 - 11:00|| Round Table:
Emergencies, Mass Casualties: Interoperability of the Health Sector in the European Union
Chairmen: Papaefstathiou N., Kokkalakis A., Salteri P.
- The WHO Europe EOC in the UN - city Copenhagen - a Regional Hub for Health Crisis Management, Rockenschaub G.[Presentation]
- Emergencies - Massive Casualties. General Secretariat for Civil Protection - Operational Planning, Patsioti N.[Presentation]
- Massive Casualties After Environmental Maritime Accident in the Mediterranean Sea Region. Operational Medical Planning, Karabinis A., Kyprianou Th.[Presentation]
- Operational Planning of Health Services, Olympic Games “Athens 2004”, Manolidou Z.[Presentation]
- Health Services Operational Planning of Special Olympics World Summer Games “Athens 2011”, Mandi P.[Presentation]
|11:00 - 11:30||Break
|11:30 - 13:00|| Round Table:
Health Management of Immigrants - Cross-border Health Threats
Chairmen: Papadimitriou Th., Efstathiou P., Bebi M.
- Health Coverage of Detention Centers and Preliminary Reception Centers of Illegal Immigrants in Greece, Efstathiou P.[Presentation]
- Public Health Benefits of Screening for Infectious Diseases Among Newly Arrived Migrants in the EU/EEA. Preliminary Report of the Experts Meeting of the Hellenic Center for Disease Control and Prevention & ECDC, Baka A.[Presentation]
- Healthcare Management of Immigrants. Case Study: Malaria, Tseroni M.[Presentation]
- Illegal Immigrants. An Intercultural Phenomenon, Colombani J.-D.[Presentation]
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Experience, Samuilova M.[Presentation]
|13:00 - 13:30|| Lecture
Haemoglobinopathies on the Move: Is Europe ready?, (p.p. Eleftheriou A.), Cannon L.[Presentation]
|13:30 - 14:30||Break
|14:30 - 15:30|| Round Table:
Acute Public Health Events: Economic and Social Proportions
Chairmen: Hatzakis A., Avgerinos A., Leptokaridou G.
- Successful Implementation of the Program to Control HIV/AIDS in Intravenous Drug Users in Athens: “ARISTOTEL Program”, Hatzakis A.[Presentation]
- The Economics of Prevention and Policies Against Communicable Diseases, Yfantopoulos J.
- The Need for Redefining Healthcare Systems: the Role of Innovative Medicine, Alexandrakis E.[Presentation]
|15:30 - 17:00|| Round Table:
Health Stock Piles
Chairmen: Tountas I., Kalokairinou A., Thireos E.
- Health Stock Piles. National Central Planning, Kyrlesi A.[Presentation]
- Immediate Supply of Pharmaceuticals in Emergency Situations. Operational Planning, Tsagkari E.[Presentation]
- Joint Procurement Agreement for Medical Countermeasures. State of Play, Sion J. - L.[Presentation]
- The Greek Pharmaceutical Industry in a European Context, Katsos V.
- Globalization and Pharmaceutical Production, Pentafragas V.[Presentation]
|17:00 - 18:00|| Special Lectures
Chairmen: Efstathiou P., Kouroupaki E., Papageorgiou N.
- Health’s Sector Development Opportunities for Greek Economy. An Input - Output Analysis, Μelachrinos P., Lorentzos A.[Presentation]
- The Significance of the Commander’s Post in a Healthcare Unit Under the Light of the Current Economic, Social and Legislative Conjuncture, Striberis A.[Presentation]
|18:00||Remarks - Conclusions
- Health Emergency Management in the EU. Challenges of Today - Pathways of Tomorrow, Efstathiou P., Tsekoura A.[Presentation]
Mrs Makri Zeta, Deputy Minister of Health